Your health and safety should always come first, which is why epoxy flooring systems are such an amazing option for your home!
Before the curing process, pure epoxy resins are considered non-toxic at low levels. However, just like other chemicals, you wouldn’t want to be bathing in or consuming epoxy resins. So do yourself a favour and wear protection and wash off the epoxy resins if they come in contact with your skin. There is a possibility of an allergic reaction with uncured epoxy resins, so it’s best not to take any chances.
Breathing epoxy fumes can affect the respiratory system. Typical symptoms of respiratory harm include inflammation of the nose, throat, and lungs, irritating. High amounts of exposure to epoxy fumes before and during the curing process can lead to sensitization and asthma. Breathing epoxy dust that accumulates during the curing process should be avoided as these particles can become trapped in the body’s mucus and lead to serious health problems. We recommend never inhaling epoxy dust.
It takes an epoxy flooring system an average of 24-72 hours to cure and officially solidify. Once the epoxy flooring system has solidified, clean it thoroughly to remove the dust and other particles that you may not visually notice. The first cleaning is the most important, so make sure to take your time with it.
After the curing process, epoxy flooring systems are no longer considered toxic. Next, completely air out the space with the epoxy flooring before taking a deep breath and looking at your new flooring with satisfaction.